For when grains are the enemy and you just need a cookie:)
GF Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These grain free gems can also be made with Peanut Butter. I use a fresh almond butter that I get from a natural food store. It gives it a hearty texture. You could make your own with a vitamix or sub in any other almond butter.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter ((room temperature))
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp almond butter ((nuts only, no additives))
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 egg
- With a mixer, beat butter, coconut sugar and almond butter together until combined.
- Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- On a low speed add in dry ingredients until combined. Stir in Chocolate chips.
Place a silicone baking mat* on a baking sheet.**
Shape into mounds about the size of a golf ball and place on baking mat about two inches apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 11 minutes. Remove and let cool a little before transferring to a wire rack.