This applesauce is a great addition to your holiday dinner. Ditch the canned cranberry sauce and make your own. No food dyes or corn syrup. And it’s super easy.
- 3 medium Apples (I like granny smith or Honey crisp)
- 1 pkg. fresh cranberries (washed )
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 8 drops YL Thieves vitality oil (optional)
- 5 drops YL Orange vitality oil (optional)
Peal and coarsely chop apples. Place apples, cranberries, sugar and water in your Instant pot. Secure lid and set for 8 minutes using the manual button. Use a natural release when finished cooking. Stir in desired spices. It will be chunky. You can reduce the amount of sugar but it will be tart.
For Microwave: Place all ingredients in the large round mold* topped with octagonal bonMat** and cook on high for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave and smash together and add spices if desired.