For when grains are the enemy and you just need a cookie:)
GF Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These grain free gems can also be made with Peanut Butter. I use a fresh almond butter that I get from a natural food store. It gives it a hearty texture. You could make your own with a vitamix or sub in any other almond butter.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter ((room temperature))
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp almond butter ((nuts only, no additives))
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 egg
- With a mixer, beat butter, coconut sugar and almond butter together until combined.
- Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- On a low speed add in dry ingredients until combined. Stir in Chocolate chips.
Place a silicone baking mat* on a baking sheet.**
Shape into mounds about the size of a golf ball and place on baking mat about two inches apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 11 minutes. Remove and let cool a little before transferring to a wire rack.
I use top of the line baking products from BonCook. Safe and easy to use! I wouldn’t use anything else!
*Get your silicone baking mat Here
**Get your baking sheet Here
This bread smelled so good when it was baking and it definitely delivered on taste and texture. It would make a slightly heavy muffin but it was a hearty quick bread with a slightly nutty taste. I like to freeze over ripe bananas in their peel so I can just pull out the number I need and let thaw. The banana pulp slides right out of the peel and is easy to blend into any recipe.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas (very ripe)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 3.5 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mild
- 1 1/4 cups Almond meal
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place loaf pan or tray on a perforated baking sheet.
Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through milk and whisk until combined well. Add almond meal, flour and oats. Stir until combined. Add chocolate chips if desired.
Place in loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes for one loaf. I used the 9 loaf tray and it baked for 30 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold firm.
Adapted from the Minimalist Baker.
Get your Nine Loaf Tray Here.
Get your perforated baking sheet Here.
Freeze over ripe bananas in the skins for use in banana baked good. When ready to use. Thaw and squeeze banana out. Your baked goods will be extra moist and easy to mix.